Typically, your heater will show signs that it needs maintenance or repairs. Your heater might need attention if:
- It refuses to turn on or stay on—This is a common problem when you turn your heater on for the first time that season.
- It makes popping or squealing sounds—Any weird noise coming from the unit is a bad
- sign and usually means that it requires repairs.
- It collects dust—It’s normal to notice a little bit of dust around the unit, but if there’s a lot of standing dust, or if it’s blowing dust, it’s time to service the filter.
- Your utility bill is higher than normal—If your heating bill has gone up recently, it might be a sign that your heater isn’t working efficiently.
If you notice that your heater is showing signs that it needs service or repairs, call 713-688-6900 to have your trusted Houston, TX HVAC service provider look at your unit.